Growing up is hard to do. As a 24 year old, just starting out in the working world, being diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma can be a big blow. Here's my attempt at putting it behind me as smoothly as possible.

29 December, 2005

Suprise Party!

Wow. I had no idea this was going to happen at all. I was hanging out with my old high school friends, driving all over the city and we were going to end up at the Bull & Finch, one of our old watering holes. When I walked in there was my family, co-workers, friends from school and friends from rowing. Lots of people I hadn't seen in a long time. It was just incredible.

My girlfriend and one of my friends did most of the organizing and it was a great job done by all. There was an auction at the pub and people donated personally and got others to donate as well. In total they raised over $2500! Amazing! Thank you to everybody who took part, and sorry that I couldn't see you to all those who couldn't make it. I was really touched by the whole event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home