Growing up is hard to do. As a 24 year old, just starting out in the working world, being diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma can be a big blow. Here's my attempt at putting it behind me as smoothly as possible.

01 November, 2005

Good News Finally!

I just got back from my appointment at the hospital.

- My white blood cell counts are up to a decent level so I won't need to increase the number of Neupogen shots any more. They will remain at 4 per treatment (days 5, 6, 7, 8).

- My lung test shows that I have 130% of normal capacity, well above average, but I told him that I'm feeling quite a bit better without the Bleo in the last treatment. Even though I still have good lungs, I know that they were much better before chemo. He's decided to withold the Bleo for the rest so I think my lungs might be fine and scuba diving might happen again!

- My liver is clean! This means that it was a cancerous tumor and that the chemo has killed it all off. This is great news because it means the chemo is working and that I didn't have any other liver issues!

4th chemo is going to happen tomorrow and I'm happy now that I know that everything is going well. One third done after this one!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome Mike! My roomy started crying when she read the good news! She's such a suck. Hope you had a great time at HOE HOG. Just for the record, your lungs may have super human capacity, but I'm still the 2004 indoor rowing champion!

9:55 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great bloody news man! Really glad to hear it, don't talk to you on the forum much if at all but I've watching this blog really hoping things go well for you :-)

All the best dude.

10:11 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home