Growing up is hard to do. As a 24 year old, just starting out in the working world, being diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma can be a big blow. Here's my attempt at putting it behind me as smoothly as possible.

13 September, 2005

Excuse me?

I have always believed that I caught this early, and I've always feared that I hadn't. It looks like my fears have won. I got the PET scan results today and not only is the cancer on both sides of my lymph node system it's also spread to my liver. So instead of being Stage 1 (the best) as they originally thought I am now Stage 4 (the worst). I will now have to have at least 6 months of chemotherapy and survival rates drop a bit. I have to go for an MRI of my liver soon as well. Ever since my diagnosis I've never really feared for my survival, I was mostly just worried about possible side effects of the treatment. I think that has now changed.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guys at q3w wish you the best of luck.

:)

6:58 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you are stage 4. It may not mean much but I wish you the best and hope you pull through and get back to 100%. --G}{H

7:08 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man I'm really sorry to hear your news. All you can do is hang in there and fight it. If you ever need someone to talk to I've found this site to be helpful. It's a network for cancer survivors.

http://www.acscsn.org/Start/index.html

7:23 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. My aunt had the same thing way back in the 60s, and she is still alive and kicking today. Don't give up.

7:36 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mike....
Hang in there and have faith, it's a very powerful tool....we are all praying for you :-)

Kelli, Cori and Katie
(Dawn's friends)

8:54 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just in case you missed my post at Q3W:

"wish you the best, bro. get well soon or i'm gonna personally kick your @ss."

GL man.

9:26 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're keeping the spirits high. Big :ups: for that.

-another Q3Wer

9:28 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about this Mike. Best of luck in your treatment.

9:33 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best of luck.

9:58 p.m.

 
Blogger Mike Panic said...

You'll pull through w/out a problem and continue on in life, don't let this slow you down!

10:24 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you Mike - Jim

11:12 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From all your friends at VWVortex and Bimmerforums we wish you best of luck! We are all praying for you bro.

VW - Bimmer

11:22 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you!

12:58 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, hang in there bud. Things always get bad, before the get good. Don't stop fighting.

8:18 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home