Growing up is hard to do. As a 24 year old, just starting out in the working world, being diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma can be a big blow. Here's my attempt at putting it behind me as smoothly as possible.

11 November, 2005

Pain Day

Days 5-8 of each cycle are days that I get my Neupogen injections. They stimulate your bone marrow to produce more white blood cells. This causes the bone marrow to expand and on day 9, today, it is at it's peak. It hurts the most in my hips because that is where you have the most bone marrow. I brought my bottle of Tylenol into work today and it's sitting beside me.

I guess it's kind of fitting that it's happening on Rememberance Day this time. I hope you all take the time to remember those who fought for us so long ago. We live in the best country in the world, and I'm sure without them it would be quite different today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home