Growing up is hard to do. As a 24 year old, just starting out in the working world, being diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma can be a big blow. Here's my attempt at putting it behind me as smoothly as possible.

22 November, 2005

Skiing Soon!

This weekend is my friend Dave's stag and we've got chalets booked in Banff for a weekend of skiing and relaxing. I'm so excited to get back out on the slopes. I'm planning on trying to ski on all of my "good" weekends, so every other weekend. Hopefully 15 days this year!

I've got a bit of a sore throat right now. I went to the doctor this morning and he did a throat swab and prescribed me some penicillin. We don't know if it's strep throat or just chemo pains, but he said it's better to overmedicate in my case. It could be pretty bad if I get sick as I don't have the greatest immune system now.

Other than that I'm feeling good and excited for the weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAHOOO for skiing!!!! enjoy the slopes, mike! I wish I could go skiing, too. Although, I should be careful what I wish for - about 2 inches of snow have fallen in the past couple hours, in Victoria!? The city is going to SHUT down. do you remember when you picked Laura and me up from the Airport and we were the only ones with winter tires on the highway? THAT was fun. um... my lights just flickered, so I am going to shut my computer now. Keep well!!!

1:07 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home