Growing up is hard to do. As a 24 year old, just starting out in the working world, being diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma can be a big blow. Here's my attempt at putting it behind me as smoothly as possible.

01 August, 2005

Cascade Mountain

My friend Dave and I had decided long ago to climb Cascade Mountain, and being the long weekend we set out to do it, cancer or no cancer.

Looking up at Cascade Mountain, from the town of Banff:


The view from the backside, we're going to scramble along the ridge on the right:


Me heading up the ridge:

Dave stopping for a much needed break:


The scariest part of the scramble, the rock garden:

The last push to the summit:

Looking back down to Banff from near the summit:

We're almost there!

Dave calling Laura from the top:

How's that for a view? (3000m, ~10,000ft)

I'm proud that I did it, but man am I ever sore! I think my experience will help me knowing I have plenty of strength to make it through the treatment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike... Nice climb buddy,... I really wish that I could have stayed the day to join you guys. It would have been an amazing time... we'll arrange for another obstacle (5 whoopers in under a minute?) to challenge ourselves with soon enough...

12:27 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home